By Paul Hawken
The world has changed in the seventeen years since the controversial initial publication of Paul Hawken's The Ecology of Commerce, a stirring treatise about the perceived antagonism between ecology and business. Yet Hawken's impassioned argument - that business both causes the most egregious abuses of the environment and, crucially, holds the most potential for solving our sustainability problems - is more relevant and resonant than ever. Contains updated and revised material for the new audience, The Ecology of Commerce presents a compelling vision of the restorative (rather than destructive) economy we must create.
- Reduce energy carbon emissions 80% by 2030 and total natural resource usage 80% by 2050.
- Provide secure, stable and meaningful employment for people everywhere.
- Be self-organized rather than regulated or morally mandated.
- Honor market principles.
- Be more rewarding than our present way of life.
- Restore habitats, ecosystems and societies to the optimum.
- Rely on current income.
- Be fun and engaging, and strive for an aesthetic outcome.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.