SMA Inverter - 7680W, 208/240V (Sunny Boy 7.7-US)
New lower price! The new and improved Sunny Boy-US series of grid-tie transformerless inverters features a wealth of improvements and joins SMA's lineup of field-proven PV inverters. The most impressive feature is its Secure Power Supply: the ability to send up to 2000 Watts to a dedicated outlet inside the house when grid power is offline but the sun is still shining - without the use of batteries. To use the Secure Power Supply, you'll need a switch, outlet, junction box, conduit, and wiring (not included) that will be wired directly to the Sunny Boy inverter to receive these 2000 Watts (installation instructions here).
The Sunny Boy 7.7-US inverter is rated at 7680 Watts at 240 volts (and 6660 Watts at 208 volts). It features multiple independent input channels - each with SMA's OptiTrac™ Global Peak - allowing for hundreds of stringing configurations for flexible system design and improved performance for PV arrays that face the challenges of complex roof shapes and shading.
An integrated DC disconnect and the free SMA Android phone app that lets you monitor and manage your PV system from anywhere round out the robust set of features on the Sunny Boy-US. And thanks to SMA's Installation Assistant, installation has never been easier.
SMA Sunny Boy 7.7-US Inverter Features
- Secure Power Supply feature offers 2000W of power in the event of a grid outage
- Hundreds of stringing configurations
- Multiple independent MPPTs
- Proprietary OptiTrac™ Global Peak shade mitigation technology
- Off-grid ready
- Improved communication capabilities that eliminate the need to install additional equipment
- Monitoring and management through the free Android phone app
- Integrated DC disconnect
- Enhanced AFCI technology improves resistance against false tripping while improving sensitivity in detecting real arcs
- Two-part enclosure separates the connection unit from the power unit, allowing for expedited servicing
SMA Sunny Boy 7.7-US Inverter Specs
- 21.1" W x 28.5" H x 7.8" D
- 57 lbs
- Input strings: 1-3
- Input voltage: 100 - 600VDC
- Continuous power: 6660W at 208V, 7680W at 240V
- Surge rating: 6660W at 208V, 7680W at 240V
- Output voltage: 208/240VAC
- Output frequency: 60 Hz / 50 Hz
- Max output current: 32A
- Weighted/peak efficiency: 96.5% / 97.1% at 208V, 97% / 97.5% at 240V
- Manufacturer: SMA
- Model number: 7.7-US 40
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.