SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink
Why use clean water to fill your toilet when it will just be flushed away? The SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink fits on your existing toilet lid and turns it into a touch-free sink that reuses the "gray water" from washing your hands to refill the toilet after a flush, saving up to 4 gallons of water per person, per day.
Why use more water than you need for a flush? In addition to repurposing hand-washing water to refill the toilet after a flush, the SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink also uses a fill cycle diverter - a simple device used to retrofit older toilets to make them more efficient. In many toilets, after a flush, the bowl finishes refilling before the tank, but water continues to flow to the bowl anyway and is wasted. SinkTwice's fill cycle diverter reallocates water so that the tank and bowl finish filling at or near the same time.
With the dual features of reusing hand-washing water to reduce the amount of clean water and using the fill cycle diverter to reduce the total volume of water for each flush, the SinkTwice uses over 50% less water compared to flushing a standard single-flush toilet and then washing your hands in a sink!
The SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink is easy to install in just 5 minutes and creates a space-saving option for small bathrooms. It's compatible with most single-flush toilets with a tank width of 14½" - 16¾" (this applies to most toilets made since 2000).
For a list of compatible toilet manufacturers and models, see the "Specifications" tab. For toilet tanks wider than 16¾", the SinkPositive is a similar product that may offer a better fit, though it does not feature a fill cycle diverter.
SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink Benefits
- Conserves water
- Includes fill cycle diverter
- Saves money
- Promotes hand washing
- Teaches children to be responsible and clean
- Encourages people to put the seat down (which keeps pets from drinking out of the toilet)
- Creates flexibility and efficiency in bathroom design
Installing the SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink on a Single-Flush Toilet
Printed instructions also available below under "Downloads"
1 minute installation.Posted by Culver Van Der Jagt on Monday, April 25, 2016
SinkTwice Toilet Lid Sink Specs
- 17" W x 8.8" D x 2.2" H (to rim of sink)
- 2.6 lbs
- Material: plastic
SinkTwice Compatible Single-Flush Toilets
Below is a guide to toilet manufacturers whose models are known or expected to be compatible with SinkTwice. Please remember that your toilet tank must be 14½" - 16¾" wide to fit with SinkTwice.
- American Standard: all except the Ovation and Triangle Tank series
- Ariel: models that look standard should work great, but the SinkTwice is not compatible with the oval tops, nor the ones with unusually small toilet tank lids)
- Delta: all except Corrente series
- Foremost: all except Series 1930 and Series 1940, for which we recommend the Sink Positive
- Fresca: all except Apus, Delphinus, and Volna series
- Glacier Bay
- Kohler: all except Devonshire, Tresham, Numi, Santa Rosa, San Souci, San Raphael, Touchless Flush, Cimarron, Saile, Reve, English Trellis, Karing, Veil, series five, and Revival series. Kohler makes some toilets with an unusual flush lever which on the inside of the tank protrudes well above the top of the tank when flushed. SinkTwice may be too low for some of these toilets. For Memoirs models, we recommend the Sink Positive.
- Lamosa: Loretto, Sparta, Regency, Ecologico
- Niza Pro
- Pegasus: better fit for the Sink Positive
- Porcher: all except Archive, Epic, L'Expression, Ovale, and Venetto series. For Lutezia models, we recommend the Sink Positive.
- Sterling: all except the Rockton and Karsten series
- Whitehaus: all except for Narrow Oval series
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.