SimpliPhi ExprESS 7.0 LFP Portable AC Generator
The ExprESS 7.0 energy storage system (ESS) is a battery-powered AC generator that stores up to 7 kWh of electricity at 48VDC. Because the ExprESS functions as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), it's an excellent solution for storing safe, reliable power off-grid or as emergency backup power for when the grid goes down during a blackout or natural disaster. Its 7 kWh capacity is sufficient for operating appliances, tools, AV equipment, computers, refrigeration, and medical equipment for hours or days at a time (see run time chart below).
The ExprESS can be charged from an AC wall outlet, solar/wind sources (DC input), or a conventional generator. You can charge the ExprESS as often as you like without harming any of the components. The ExprESS can even support electrical loads while it's charging.
Based on SimpliPhi's nontoxic, non-harzardous lithium ferro phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry - which requires no ventilation or cooling - the ExprESS 7.0 is safe for indoor use. And because it's housed in a NEMA 3R-rated enclosure, it can be used outdoors too. The entire enclosure is on wheels, so moving it between indoor/outdoor locations or rolling it onto a truck is all easily done - meaning you can take the power with you or bring it to others in an emergency or evacuation situation.
SimpliPhi ExprESS 7.0 LFP Portable AC Generator Includes:
- Controller module that controls on/off, inverter, charger, and monitors state of charge
- 2x PHI 3.5 kWh, 48V LFP batteries with electronically controlled energy storage and management of DC current
- Magnum MS4448PAE Inverter/Charger that both converts DC electricity from the internal batteries to 115-Volt AC output and recharges the batteries
- 115-Volt AC input for direct pass-through AC and for charging the included PHI 3.5 batteries
- DC input for charging the batteries from solar or wind sources
- AC input/AC output circuit breaker that protects against AC overloads and short circuits
- DC circuit breaker on/off switch that protects against DC overloads and short circuits
- 4x 115V GFCI outlets for powering devices rated up to 15 amps
- 2x USB outlets for charging and operating cell phones, tablets, and other electronic devices
- Magnum ME-ARC remote control for interfacing with the system
- Locking NEMA 3R-rated cabinet for outdoor/indoor security with heavy-duty lockable casters for safe and easy mobility
Detailing the Morningstar Charge Controller Integration
SimpliPhi ExprESS Enclosure Specs
- 36" W x 36" H x 17" D
- 410 lbs (including batteries)
- NEMA 3R (outdoor rated)
- Manufacturer: SimpliPhi Power
- Model number: ExprESS 48V
ExprESS Integrated Inverter Specs
- Magnum Energy MS4448PAE
- AC connections: 4x 115VAC GFCI sockets for devices up to 15A
- AC output: 18A x2, 240VAC, 60 hz
- Rated power: 4.4 kW (3.5 kW when operating from battery)
- CEC weighted efficiency: 94%
ExprESS Integrated Battery Specs
- 2x SimpliPhi Smart-Tech PHI3.5 48V
- Capacity: 7 kWh
- Cell type: lithium ferrous phosphate (LiFePO4)
- Usable depth of discharge: up to 100%
- Cycle life: 10,000+ (at 80% depth of discharge)
- Round-trip efficiency: 98%
- Warranty: 10 years / 10,000 cycles
ExprESS Solar PV Integration
- Morningstar TriStar-45 MPPT charge controller
- Max input power: 1.2 kWh
- Max charge current: 45A (DC)
- PV array voltage: 9 - 68 VDC
About SimpliPhi Power
Founded as LibertyPak in 2002, SimpliPhi Power has been an industry leader in safe, reliable, and portable energy storage for over a decade. Their batteries are commonly used in movie and television productions, especially when filming on location where the performance and reliability demands are uncompromising. SimpliPhi's technology has been integral in the production of movies like Avatar, Skyfall, No Country for Old Men, True Grit, and Tron: Legacy, and in TV shows like 30 Rock, Mad Men, and Inside Amy Schumer. Despite their success, SimpliPhi has continued to innovate safer, better battery chemistry with their lithium ferrous phosphate cells, which offer greatly increased efficiency and thermal regulation over more traditional lithium ion cobalt cells.
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.