SimpliPhi AccESS II Lithium Ferro Phosphate Energy Storage System
SimpliPhi's lithium ferro phosphate (LFP) "power wall" is as clean and simple an energy storage system (ESS) as you're going to find. Seamlessly integrating two of SimpliPhi's incredible PHI3.4 Smart-Tech 48V LiFePO4 batteries with a Schneider Electric Conext XW+ inverter and MPPT charge controller, this 6.8 kWh-capacity energy storage system can be used for off-grid power or as a backup power source for grid-tied homes or businesses. The internal batteries can be charged by a solar PV array, an AC generator, or the grid itself. Please note that in the photo of the interior above, three batteries are shown though only two are included.
Everything's pre-wired and installed into a NEMA 3R-rated enclosure suitable for outdoor installation, but because of SimpliPhi's benign, safe, and nontoxic LFP (technically LiFePO4) battery chemistry, you can install the AccESS II indoors as well. Compatible with both string inverters and micro-inverters.
SimpliPhi AccESS II Applications
- Grid-tied users with a Standard Interconnection Agreement (SIA): Use the AccESS II to self-consume PV power, allowing your solar array to prioritize charging your batteries ahead of exporting its power to the grid and ensuring that not only will your batteries be charged and ready for use, but that they'll be charged with your own solar power.
- Grid-tied users with a Net Metering agreement: Use the AccESS II for peak-shaving as well as for emergency backup power.
- Off-grid users: Use the AccESS II as a maintenance-free solar PV energy storage/management hybrid unit with 4.8kW of solar MPPT in a single package.
SimpliPhi AccESS II LFP Energy Storage System Features
- Pre-programmable for backup power, peak-shaving, and solar PV self-consumption
- Internal transfer switch automatically disconnects from the grid during power outages and provides stored power to critical circuits
- NEMA 3R outdoor-rated enclosure can be free-standing or pad-mounted
- Nontoxic, non-hazardous battery chemistry allows for indoor installation as well
- No thermal regulation, cooling, or risk of fire
- Internal lithium ferro phosphate (LFP, or, technically, LiFePO4) batteries last 10,000+ cycles at 80% depth of discharge
- Can tolerate up to 100% depth of discharge
- 98% round-trip efficiency
- Remote monitoring via web browser or mobile app
- 10-year warranty on batteries
- UL and ETL listed
General SimpliPhi AccESS II Specs
- 28" W x 16" D x 72" H
- 701 lbs
- Enclosure: NEMA 3R (outdoor rated)
- Manufacturer: SimpliPhi Power
- Model number: AccESS II
Integrated Inverter Specs
- Schneider Electric Conext XW+ 6848 NA
- AC connections: 1 grid port, 1 generator port
- AC output: 30A, 120/240VAC, 60 hz
- Rated power: 5.5 kW
- Peak power: 7 kW
- Max charge rate: 60A (AC), 7.2 kW
- CEC weighted efficiency: 92.5%
Integrated Battery Specs
- 2x SimpliPhi Smart-Tech PHI3.4 48V
- Capacity: 6.8 kWh
- Cell type: lithium ferrous phosphate (LiFePO4)
- Usable depth of discharge: up to 100%
- Cycle life: 10,000+ (at 80% depth of discharge)
- Round-trip efficiency: 98%
- Warranty: 10 years
Solar PV Integration
- Schneider Electric Conext MPPT 80 600 charge controller
- Max output power: 4.8 kWh
- Max charge current: 80A (DC)
- PV array voltage: 195-550 VDC
- Max PV array voltage: 600 VDC
About SimpliPhi Power
Founded as LibertyPak in 2002, SimpliPhi Power has been an industry leader in safe, reliable, and portable energy storage for over a decade. Their batteries are commonly used in movie and television productions, especially when filming on location where the performance and reliability demands are uncompromising. SimpliPhi's technology has been integral in the production of movies like Avatar, Skyfall, No Country for Old Men, True Grit, and Tron: Legacy, and in TV shows like 30 Rock, Mad Men, and Inside Amy Schumer. Despite their success, SimpliPhi has continued to innovate safer, better battery chemistry with their lithium ferrous phosphate cells, which offer greatly increased efficiency and thermal regulation over more traditional lithium ion cobalt cells.
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.