Rinnai Tankless Propane Water Heater - 199,000 BTU (RL94e)
Get an endless supply of hot water, whenever you need it - even for multiple tasks at the same time - with a Rinnai propane heater. Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters are the top-selling tankless water heater brand in the U.S. and Canada, revolutionizing comfort, energy efficiency, and convenience.
The Rinnai RL94e Tankless Propane Water Heater uses up to 36% less energy than - and lasts twice as long as - a traditional propane water heating system with a 50-gallon storage tank. Its durable copper heat exchanger heats water that passes through it instantly and on demand, saving both energy and money that would otherwise be required to heat and reheat water in a tank - regardless of the demand for it. For further energy efficiency, Rinnai's propane heaters use an electronic ignition replaces a standing pilot light that would ordinarily consume a constant stream of gas.
These energy-saving features increase your home's energy efficiency, Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score, LEED certification potential, and ultimately, its value. In addition to these benefits, many local governments and utility companies offer rebates for properly-installed tankless water heaters.
The RL94e is part of Rinnai's Luxury Series, which offers the highest output of all their non-condensing tankless water heaters in a sleek, modern design and with a range of features that easily satisfy the demands of larger homes and light commercial applications.
The RL94e is Wi-Fi ready and able be remotely monitored and controlled via a phone or tablet app, providing a never-before-available option for management, control and maintenance:
- Control and monitoring: Control the RL94e tankless water heater from a phone or tablet to turn the system on/off, change the water temperature, monitor status, and activate the recirculation system.
- Remote diagnostics and maintenance: Give technicians detailed system information via automatic alerts and remote diagnostic tools for a shorter and more targeted maintenance or repair visit.
- Accessibility and convenience: Get instant access to technical bulletins, warranty claims, product registration, manuals, step-by-step repair guides and more.
For outdoor installation only.
Rinnai RL94e Tankless Propane Water Heater Features
- Provides unlimited hot water
- Up to 199,000 BTUs
- Uses up to 36% less energy than traditional (tank) propane water heaters
- Lasts up to twice as long as traditional (tank) water heaters
- Improves your home's value, HERS score, and LEED certification
- Durable copper heat exchanger
- Compact design saves space
- 0.82 energy factor
- Enhanced scale detection reduces possibility of serious, long-term damage
- Temperature lock function prevents accidental or unauthorized changes to water temperature
- Circ-Logic dedicated recirculation line provides optimal operation of an external recirculation pump
- Isolation valves for easy maintenance
- Wi-Fi ready
- Must be installed outdoors
- Limited 12-year warranty on heat exchanger (5 years for commercial installations), 5-year warranty on parts, 1-year warranty on labor
Rinnai RL94e Tankless Propane Water Heater Specs
- 14" W x 23" H x 9"D
- 44.3 lbs
- Maximum BTUs: 199,000
- Minimum BTUs: 10,300
- Temperature range: 98°F - 140°F
- Energy factor: 0.82
- Minimum activation flow rate: 0.4 gpm
- Flow rate (70° / 50° temperature rise): 4.7 / 6.6 gpm
- Hot water flow rate range: 0.26 - 9.8 gpm
- ¾" full port gas flex hookup
- Manufacturer: Rinnai
- Model number: RL94e
How a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Works
Cold water enters the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the unit. The PC board is then signaled to activate the electronic ignition.
A combustion fan turns on to allow oxygen into the burner to ignite the flame as the gas control valve opens at a low frequency. Once an adequate flame is present, the igniter stops from sparking - beginning the next sequence of operation in a matter of seconds.
Water is heated as it passes through the coils of the copper heat exchanger, and exits from the hot water outlet pipe to travel through the pipes of the home or business to the water fixture where hot water is needed.
The gas valve and blower automatically adjusts the incoming gas and oxygen to meet the water heating demands. If the demand is small, the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater can use a smaller flame and less gas. If the demand is greater, the flame can expand across the width of the entire burner to heat more water. The tankless water heater adjusts as needed to ensure the temperature set point is maintained. A digital controller allows the user to choose the desired temperature.
As the hot water fixture shuts off, cold water stops entering the tankless water heater and the flame extinguishes. The combustion fan continues to operate at a low speed for a short period of time. This allows the exhaust of any leftover combustion gases.
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.