OutBack FLEXmax 100 MPPT Charge Controller (FM100-300VDC)
With support for 24V, 36V, and 48V nominal battery voltages, the ability to "step-down" a higher PV voltage to charge batteries of a lower voltage, and an innovative MPPT software algorithm that increases your PV array's power yield, OutBack Power's FLEXmax MPPT Charge Controllers truly are among the most flexible and high-performance solar charge controllers on the market.
The FLEXmax 100 delivers more output (100 amps) and more voltage (accepts up to 300VDC input) than the FLEXmax 60/80. OutBack network communications and OPTICS RE compatibility allows the FLEXmax 100 to be remotely programmed, monitored and controlled remotely with an OutBack MATE3. The previous 128 days' performance data is stored and can be accessed this way.
Note: The PNL-GFDI-80 series ground fault breakers that included in many pre-wired load centers are not rated for use on circuits shared with the FLEXmax 100. The FLEXmax 100 is equipped with an internal ground-fault protection device and simply requires 300-VDC rated overcurrent protection on its input and output circuits. The PNL-100/125-300VDC series breakers are recommended for the battery side and the PNL-40/60/80-300VDC series breakers are recommended for the PV array side. Due to the different voltage ratings, OutBack Power does not recommend mixing the FLEXmax 100 with FLEXmax 60 charge controllers or FLEXmax 80 charge controllers on the same battery bank. Always be sure to thoroughly review installation instructions when installing OutBack Power equipment.
OutBack FLEXmax 100 Charge Controller Features
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) for more PV power
- 100-amp charge current output for up to 5kW of charging
- Integrated ground fault protection and rapid shutdown capacitor discharge for easy code-compliant installation
- 300VDC open-circuit voltage enables 2-string configuration that minimizes balance of system (BOS) needs
- LED indicators display status
- OutBack network-integrated and programmable (requires OutBack MATE3)
- 5-year warranty
OutBack FLEXmax 100 Charge Controller Specs
- 22" H x 8.8" W x 6" D
- 18.3 lbs
- Peak efficiency: 98.8%
- Maximum battery charging current: 100A
- Battery voltage range: 24V - 48V
- Maximum open circuit voltage: 300V
- Manufacturer: OutBack Power
- Model number: FM100-300VDC
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.