MidNite Solar KID MPPT Charge Controller - 30A, Black (MNKID-B)
The MidNite Solar KID MPPT Charge Controller is the most versatile 30-amp charge controller on the market, and is ideal for small renewable energy systems. It features an automatic generator start that detects generator operation without extra wires or voltage sensing. The fully adjustable intelligent lighting control lets you program when to turn lighting on and off - for example, set it to turn lights on for 3 hours at dusk, then come back on for 1 hour before dawn. You can even adjust the PV voltage required for the KID to recognize "daytime."
The KID allows for true input paralleling. As your power needs grow, add more solar panels to the array and a second KID for twice the power from a single array!
MidNite Solar KID MPPT Charge Controller Features
- Includes Auto Generator Start (AGS) with no extra wires or voltage sensing
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Type 1 environmental rating
- True paralleling with inputs and outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, and 48V battery output
- Lighting controller with dusk, dawn, hourly, day, and night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mounting bracket
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Certified to UL1741
- 2-year warranty
System Sizing Tool
For help selecting the best MidNite Solar Classic charge controller for your system, use MidNite's Classic string sizing tool.