Magnum AC Load Diverter - 4000W (ACLD-40)
The Magnum ACLD-40 Load Diverter monitors the voltage of your renewable energy system's backup battery bank and diverts excess energy to an AC load if the battery voltage rises to a predetermined level to prevent the batteries from overcharging. It will continue to engage and disengage the diversion load as often as necessary.
The ACLD-40 works with solar, wind, and hydroelectric renewable energy systems using a Magnum MS Series inverter. It is compatible with 12VDC, 24VDC, or 48VDC systems, yet allows the use of common, resistive AC household loads for load diversion instead of the hard-to-find DC loads supported by other charge controllers.
If wall-mounting the ACLD-40 vertically, the MPX-CB Conduit Box (available separately above) is required to meet code compliance.
Magnum ACLD-40 Load Diverter Features
- Controls up to 4000 Watts of excess power to prevent battery overcharge
- Works with 12-, 24-, or 48-volt renewable energy systems
- Allows the use of common, resistive AC household loads instead of hard-to-find DC loads to divert excess current
- Easy-access inverter and network ports
- Standard RS485 MagNet protocol to communicate with Magnum inverters and remotes
- Works with wind, solar, or hydroelectric systems
- Provides PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) voltage when powering diversion load to run load without flicker
- ETL Listed to UL 1741 - second edition and CSA C22.2 #107.1-01
- Must be used in conjunction with a Magnum MS Series inverter
- 3-year warranty
Magnum AC Load Diverter Specs
- 11½" L x 13¾" W x 7" H
- 20 lbs
- Continuous power: 4000VA
- System voltage: 12V - 48V
- Input voltage: 240VAC ±10%
- Output voltage: 0 - 240VDC
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Manufacturer: Magnum Energy
- Model number: ACLD-40
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.