IronRidge Grounding Strap Expansion Joint
Grounding Strap Expansion Joints are required on all rows of XR Solar PV Mounting Rail longer than 100 feet to prevent potential buckling of XR Rails due to thermal expansion. One Expansion Joint should be used with each XR Rail Bonded Splice in the rail row.
Installing the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint
- Insert an XR Rail Bonded Splice into one XR Rail and secure with the included screw
- Secure one end of the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint ⅜" from the end of the rail with the included T-bolt
- Slide the second XR Rail over the Bonded Splice, leaving a 1" gap between the two rails
- Secure the other end of the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint ⅜" from the end of the second XR Rail with the included T-bolt
- Torque T-bolt hex nuts to 80 in-lbs
- Do not install solar PV modules over the Expansion Joint location
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.