IronRidge Grounding Strap Expansion Joint
Grounding Strap Expansion Joints are required on all rows of XR Solar PV Mounting Rail longer than 100 feet to prevent potential buckling of XR Rails due to thermal expansion. One Expansion Joint should be used with each XR Rail Bonded Splice in the rail row.
Installing the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint
- Insert an XR Rail Bonded Splice into one XR Rail and secure with the included screw
- Secure one end of the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint ⅜" from the end of the rail with the included T-bolt
- Slide the second XR Rail over the Bonded Splice, leaving a 1" gap between the two rails
- Secure the other end of the Grounding Strap Expansion Joint ⅜" from the end of the second XR Rail with the included T-bolt
- Torque T-bolt hex nuts to 80 in-lbs
- Do not install solar PV modules over the Expansion Joint location
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.