by Rex A. Ewing, Doug Pratt
This straight-talking book cuts through the green energy hype and explains how grid-connected homeowners can be smart about their energy future. Solar and wind-generated electricity, solar water heating, passive solar techniques and geothermal heating/cooling will enable homeowners to become self-sufficient while protecting themselves from rising utility rates and grid blackouts. With financial incentives now available, the time is perfect to utilize nature's free energy.
Table of Contents
- Why Invest in Renewable Energy
- Is It Legal and Safe
- How Solar Electricity Works
- Grid-tied Solar and Wind System Options, with and without batteries
- Sizing Your Solar / Wind System
- What Does It Cost
- Any Financial Help Out There
- Permits & Paperwork
- Nuts & Bolts: What to Look For, What to Avoid
- Who Does the Solar/Wind Installation
- Using the Sun's Warmth to Heat Your Home (NEW)
- Solar Water Heating Systems (NEW)
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling (NEW)
- Extensive Appendix includes manufacturers, associations, reference web sites, state energy offices, worksheets, glossary and more
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.