by Jennifer Beaver and Alison Beck
Food plants have their own ornamental value, adding harmony to existing landscapes without creating a separate vegetable garden. They also provide a fresh, healthy alternative to the tasteless and woody fruits and vegetables bred for long-distance transportation and shipped to our grocery stores from all over the world. In this book, we show how, with just a little effort, you can augment your landscape with edibles of every description in an environmentally sustainable manner:
- Veggie favorites: tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, beans and onions
- Berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- The superhealthy: flax, broccoli, kale and garlic
- The oddly beautiful: Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, asparagus and artichokes
- The ancient and exotic: quinoa, amaranth and fennel
- Plus starting, maintaining and harvesting an edible garden, propagation and winter care, and solutions to common garden problems.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.