The Dankoff Solaram Surface Pump draws water from a shallow well, spring, pond, river or tank. It can push water uphill and over long distances for home, village, irrigation or livestock uses. It can use power directly from a photovoltaic array to fill a storage tank.
Uses less power than any other pump in its range, starts pumping in low light conditions
Reduces power system cost by 25-75 % compared to centrifugal or AC pumps
Rugged and Reliable
Proven design with a 20 year life expectancy
Simple to Maintain
High Lift and Flow
25 vertical feet (7.6 m) at sea level. Subtract 1 ft for every 1,000 ft elevation (1 m for every 1,000 m). Suction capacity may be further limited by intake pipe friction or gases in water. For best reliability, place the pump as close to the water source as possible.
- Multiple diaphragm industrial design
- Cast aluminum pump body
- Neoprene diaphragms backed by pistons
- Non-toxic oil-filled crankcase
- Massive ball bearings
- Permanent Magnet DC Motor
- Gear (timing) belt drive
- Pressure relief valve include
Power System Requirements
- Solar (PV) array: Chart indicates power (W) required at the pump. For solar array-direct (non-battery) systems, the rated power of the PV array must exceed the pump watts by 25 % or more.
- 120 V models: Use 10 x 12 V or 5 x 24 V modules in series.
- Linear Current Booster (pump controller) is required to facilitate starting and to prevent stalling in low-light conditions.
- Solar tracker: Optional, to increase daily yield (typically 30%).
- 11/4” (31.2 mm) Foot Valve (Item #DSP-11044) if pump is placed higher than water source
- Float Switch (Item #DSP-11003) for remote shut-off of the pump when tank fills
- Diaphragm and Oil Kit (Item #DSP-08503): Supplies for regular preventive maintenance
- Long-term Parts Kit: (Item #DSP-08504) Three Diaphragm and Oil Kits, plus a gearbelt and a motor brush set
- Intake: 1-11/4” (25.4-31.2 mm) male pipe thread
- Outlet: 1” (25.4 mm) female pipe thread
- 28” W x 16.5” H x 16” D (710 x 420 x 410 mm)
- Weight, max. 150 lbs (68 kg)
1 year against defects in materials and workmanship
|Min PV Array||1,416 W|
|Operating Watts - Amps||1,089 W - 24.2 A|
|Max Amps||26.6 A|
|Throughput||56 GPM @ 10' TDH|
|10 GPM @ 90' TDH|
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.