By Camilla De La Bedoyere
A spectacular collection of animals who are at home in the dark.
Creatures of the Night features more than a dozen extraordinary animals that live in the dark. These are mammals, birds, insects and spiders whose unique physical features help them to survive in the pitch-black darkness of jungles, fields and in the air.
The animals featured include:
- Aye-aye -- A lifetime spent in rain forest trees where they curl up to sleep during the day
- Common Glow-worm -- Bioluminescent beetle that doesn't look like a beetle
- Fungi -- More closely related to animals than plants, fungi "expand" (rather than grow) over a damp night
- Kinkajou -- Night-roaming cousin of raccoons
- Mexican Red-kneed Tarantula -- Hunts at night, capturing insects, frogs, lizards and mice
- Net-casting spider -- A huge pair of forward-facing eyes help it to see at night
- Railroad worm -- The only animal that is naturally bioluminescent in the red spectrum
- Vampire bat -- Day-sleepers that hunt during the darkest part of the night.
Intricately drawn artworks give accurate details of each animal's anatomy and behavior, and stunning photographs show how each animal hunts.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.