Coconut Coir Fiber - 2 Cubic Feet
Coconut Coir Fiber is an ecologically friendly byproduct of the coconut processing industries of Sri Lanka and India. Coconut husks that used to be discarded are now being turned into one of the world's finest organic horticultural growing mediums. Coconut Coir is a completely renewable resource, and a much-needed alternative to bog-dredged peat moss.
This medium-shredded fiber and pith combination is an all-purpose grade for use in potting mediums, transplant and container mixes, and for adding to garden soils or composts as a bulking agent. Ideal for use in soilless and hydroponic applications or as an alternative to coarse peat moss.
Coconut Coir Fiber Features
- Holds up to 10 times its weight in water and does not repel water like peat moss
- Resists compaction and allows excellent water and air penetration
- Natural pH of 5.4 to 6.8
- Naturally weed- and pathogen-free
- Resists mold and bacteria growth
- Aids in the rapid growth and root development of transplants
- Great for soil-less and hydroponic applications
- An ecologically friendly alternative to peat moss
- ⅓ cf brick expands to 2 cubic feet
Coconut Coir Fiber Specs
- ⅓ cubic foot (expands to 2 cubic feet)
- Manufacturer: Down to Earth
- Model number: 27001
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.