Customers Also Bought
by Rex A. Ewing, Doug Pratt
This straight-talking book cuts through the green energy hype and explains how grid-connected homeowners can be smart about their energy future. Solar and wind-generated electricity, solar water heating, passive solar techniques and geothermal heating/cooling will enable homeowners to become self-sufficient while protecting themselves from rising utility rates and grid blackouts. With financial incentives now available, the time is perfect to utilize nature's free energy.
Table of Contents
- Why Invest in Renewable Energy
- Is It Legal and Safe
- How Solar Electricity Works
- Grid-tied Solar and Wind System Options, with and without batteries
- Sizing Your Solar / Wind System
- What Does It Cost
- Any Financial Help Out There
- Permits & Paperwork
- Nuts & Bolts: What to Look For, What to Avoid
- Who Does the Solar/Wind Installation
- Using the Sun's Warmth to Heat Your Home (NEW)
- Solar Water Heating Systems (NEW)
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling (NEW)
- Extensive Appendix includes manufacturers, associations, reference web sites, state energy offices, worksheets, glossary and more
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.