Aquion Aspen 24S Saltwater Battery - 24V (24S-83)
New from Aquion - makers of the world's first nontoxic battery - comes the Aquion Aspen 24S saltwater battery: a modular building block for clean energy storage systems featuring 2.1kWh of energy storage at 24V nominal. It can be connected in parallel with other Aspen 24S batteries to increase capacity and create larger systems. It is based on Aquion's proprietary Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) technology that is clean, safe, and sustainable - in fact, Aquion Aspen batteries are the first and only batteries in the world engineered to meet Cradle to Cradle™ certification standards - a prestigious quality mark recognized across industries as a mark of continuous improvement toward the development of sustainable products.
Not only do AHI cells deliver unprecedented eco-friendliness, they also outperform and outlast traditional battery chemistries, allowing for a true 100% depth of discharge (great for use with solar PV) and an incredible 3,000-cycle life with 70% of its original capacity remaining. These batteries are optimized to deliver robust field performance, maintenance-free operation, world-class safety (they're non-flammable and non-explosive), and excellent abuse tolerance, making them ideal for long-term, unsupervised daily cycling applications like residential and off-grid solar, microgrids, and energy management and grid-scale services.
The Aquion Aspen 24S provides an unmatched combination of performance, safety, and environmental sustainability in a cost-effective and modular battery platform.
Aquion Aspen 24S-83 Saltwater Battery Features
- Incredible lifetime value
- Can tolerate many strings in parallel unlike lead acid batteries
- No regular maintenance - avoid costly downtime and battery replacements
- Wide operating temperature range - no temperature compensation required
- No active management required in moderate climates
- 3000-cycle life
- 100% usable discharge depth
- Extremely abuse-tolerant
- Thrive at partial state of charge - GREAT for solar!
- Inherently safe chemistry for unprecedented safety
- Non-flammable, non-explosive, and non-corrosive
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Bronze product
- Environmentally benign - made from sustainable, nontoxic materials
- No dangerous or toxic components
- No corrosive acids or noxious fumes
- 5-year warranty, plus 3-year prorated
Aquion 24S Saltwater Battery Specs
- 36.8" H x 13" W x 12.2" D
- 260 lbs
- Nominal voltage: 24V
- Voltage range: 20 - 29.7V
- Energy: up to 2.167kWh (at 20-hour discharge rate)
- Peak power: 750W
- Capacity: 83 Ah (at 20-hour discharge rate)
- Current: 30A
- Cell type: Saltwater via Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) chemistry
- Usable depth of discharge: 100%
- Round-trip efficiency: > 90%
- Cycle life: 3,000 cycles (to 70% retained capacity)
- Manufacturer: Aquion Energy
- Model number: 24S-83
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.