All American Sun Oven with Dehydrating & Preparedness Accessories
Use the power of the sun to cook, bake, dehydrate, and dry food - and pasteurize water - all with one appliance. The slow, even rise in the All American Sun Oven's cooking temperature retains foods' natural juices and results in better taste, more natural flavors, and less shrinkage! This American-made solar cooker includes all the recipes and accessories you'll need to eat safely, healthfully, and off the grid.
The All American Sun Oven is invaluable for off-grid preparedness and emergencies. Not only can it safely prepare food and water for consumption; it can also sterilize medical equipment, either by boiling instruments in water for 20 minutes or by heating instruments directly in the oven - wrapped in a towel - for 2 hours at 350°F.
All American Sun Oven Features
- Reaches temperatures of 360 - 400°F
- Bakes, boils, or steams food
- Boils or pasteurizes water
- Sterilizes medical equipment
- Dehydrates fruits, vegetables, or jerky
- Cooks in comparable time to conventional stove tops or ovens
- Can also slow-cook like a crock pot
- Even heat distribution means no scorching and no hot spots - and no stirring required!
- As portable as a small suitcase at just 22 lbs
- Ruggedly built for years of trouble-free use
- No fire danger - the entire exterior remains safe to touch even during cooking
Included Sun Oven Accessories
- eCookbook and emergency preparedness CD featuring 600 recipes and hundreds of pictures, videos, and more - developed by Cook'n, the award-winning and best-selling recipe organizer
- Multi-level dehydrating and baking rack set (set of 3 racks and 1 roll of parchment paper)
- Two easy-stack pots with interchangeable enamel and glass lids
- Multi-fuel water pasteurizing indicator (WAPI)
- Two bread pans
- Oven and accessories are American-made except for parchment paper (Finland) and bread pans (China)
Improvements Over the Original Global Sun Oven
- 20% more cooking space to cook a greater volume of food and accommodate many standard size baking pans
- E-Z Sun-Track indicators take the guesswork out of aligning with the sun. As the light of the sun shines through the top hole, a small round dot of light will appear inside the indicator. When the oven is perfectly aligned with the sun, the round dot will be centered over the bottom hole.
- The dual-purpose leveling rack can hang inside the oven and swing freely to prevent food spilling from a pot on the rack, or it can be set on the floor of the oven to increase the usable area inside
- Extra thick Ultra White™ transparent glass is 25% thicker for increased insulation and shatter resistance
- Wind-resistant alignment leg with ground stakes allows you to raise or lower the oven's orientation with increased stability. To prevent blowing over in high winds, the alignment leg can be staked to the ground or tied to a table.
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
- All American Sun Oven, 3/5/2014
- Excellent oven!, 11/17/2013
- Sun oven., 9/6/2013