All American Sun Oven
Use the power of the sun to cook, bake, dehydrate, and dry food - and pasteurize water - all with one appliance. A great portable solar cooker weighing only 22 lbs, our ruggedly built All American Sun Oven's clever reflector, tempered-glass door, and insulated fiberglass oven compartment quickly generate temperatures of 350 - 400° F. The slow, even rise in this solar cooker's cooking temperature retains foods' natural juices and results in better taste, more natural flavors, and less shrinkage! This American-made solar cooker includes a built-in thermometer and 16-page recipe booklet so you can eat safely, healthfully, and off the grid.
Put your chicken, potatoes, rice, and veggies in the sun at 2:00pm and come home for a solar-cooked dinner at 6:00! Also available with Dehydrating & Preparedness Accessory Package.
The All American Sun Oven is invaluable for off-grid preparedness and emergencies. Not only can it safely prepare food and water for consumption; it can also sterilize medical equipment, either by boiling instruments in water for 20 minutes or by heating instruments directly in the oven - wrapped in a towel - for 2 hours at 350°F.
All American Sun Oven Features
- Reaches temperatures of 350 - 400°F
- Bakes, boils, or steams food
- Boils or pasteurizes water
- Sterilizes medical equipment
- Dehydrates fruits, vegetables, or jerky
- Cooks in comparable time to conventional stove tops or ovens
- Can also slow-cook like a crock pot
- Even heat distribution means no scorching and no hot spots - and no stirring required!
- As portable as a small suitcase at just 22 lbs
- Solar reflector folds and secures for easy portability
- Ruggedly built for years of trouble-free use
- No fire danger - the entire exterior remains safe to touch even during cooking
Sun Oven Cooking Times
Example cook times for just some of the things you can cook in the All American Sun Oven:
- Cake: 35 mins
- Rice: 40 mins
- Bread: 45 mins
- Baked chicken (3 lbs): 1 hr, 15 mins
- Beef roast (2.5 lbs): 1 hr, 20 mins
All American Sun Oven Dimensions
- Interior oven dimensions: 9" H x 14" W x 14" D
- 22 lbs
All-American Sun Oven Improvements Over the Global Sun Oven
- 20% more cooking space to cook a greater volume of food and accommodate many standard size baking pans
- E-Z Sun-Track indicators take the guesswork out of aligning with the sun. As the light of the sun shines through the top hole, a small round dot of light will appear inside the indicator. When the oven is perfectly aligned with the sun, the round dot will be centered over the bottom hole.
- The dual-purpose leveling rack can hang inside the oven and swing freely to prevent food spilling from a pot on the rack, or it can be set on the floor of the oven to increase the usable area inside
- Extra thick Ultra White™ transparent glass is 25% thicker for increased insulation and shatter resistance
- Wind-resistant alignment leg with ground stakes allows you to raise or lower the oven's orientation with increased stability. To prevent blowing over in high winds, the alignment leg can be staked to the ground or tied to a table.
This product is shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor and will arrive separately from any other products ordered. Availability estimates are based on average lead times and can vary due to stock status and location.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.