5.9kW Grid-Tied Solar Kit with SMA Sunny Boy Inverter
Kit price saves over $900 compared to buying all components separately! This comprehensive solar kit includes everything needed to build a roof-mounted solar PV system, including racking, flashing, and wiring. The 20 included REC solar PV modules can be installed in up to 3 separate strings, all of which are MPPT tracked by the inverter.
This grid-tied solar kit includes SMA's state-of-the-art Sunny Boy 6.0-US inverter, which offers a continuous 6kW output at 240 AC volts (5.2kW at 208V). The most impressive feature of the Sunny Boy 6.0 is its Secure Power Supply: the ability to send up to 2000 Watts to a dedicated outlet inside the house when grid goes down but the sun is still shining. Solar power during a grid outage - with no batteries!* This feature - combined with triple MPPT string inputs and SMA's proprietary OptiTrac™ Global Peak shade mitigation technology - provides great flexibility in system design, which is especially helpful for complex roofs and shading challenges.
Questions about this kit or how to install it? Contact our Tech Desk.
This Grid-Tied Solar PV Kit Includes:
- 20x REC solar PV modules
- 1x SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US inverter
- 1x flashed combiner box
- 2x fuses (15A, 1000V) with holders
- 176' of Ironridge PV module racking + splices, stopper sleeves, and end caps
- 32x Ironridge roof flashing feet
- 48x Ironridge module clamps
- 4x Ironridge grounding lugs
- 40x Ironridge wire management clips
- Enough wiring to get off the roof on a standard size home
You Will Need to Provide:
- "Home run" wire
- AC panel breaker sized to match inverter output
- Roof adhesive
- Misc. hardware
See "Specifications" tab for detailed technical specs. Actual price of kit may vary from quoted price above depending on the specific kit components best suited for your needs.
*To use the Secure Power Supply, you'll need a switch, outlet, junction box, conduit, and wiring (not included) that will be wired directly to the Sunny Boy inverter to receive these 2000 Watts (installation instructions here).
Solar Panel Specs (each)*
- 65.9" H x 39.25" W x 1.5" D
- 40.8 lbs
- MC4 connectors
- 60 polycrystalline cells
- Peak efficiency: 17.7%
- Nominal power: 295W
- Tolerance: +0-5W
- Open circuit voltage: 39V
- Short circuit current: 9.76A
- Maximum system voltage: 1000V
- Manufacturer: REC Solar
- Model number: REC295TP2
- Kit contains: 20
*Exact solar panels and specs used in your kit may vary slightly from what is listed here
- 21.1" W x 28.5" H x 7.8" D
- 57 lbs
- Input strings: 1-3
- Input voltage: 100 - 600VDC
- Continuous power: 5200W at 208V, 6000W at 240V
- Output voltage: 208/240VAC
- Output frequency: 60 Hz / 50 Hz
- Max output current: 25A
- Weighted/peak efficiency: 96.5% / 97.2% at 208V, 97% / 97.6% at 240V
- Manufacturer: SMA
- Model number: 6.0-US 40
- Kit contains: 1
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. Click here to see an estimate of our delivery times with standard FedEx Ground shipping.
Returns & Replacements
Regularly stocked, non-special-ordered, and non-custom-built items can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 30%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.
For more, please read our full return policy.