Customers Also Bought
SinkPositive Toilet Lid Sink - Deluxe Model
SinkPositive is a retrofit for your toilet lid that turns it into a sink that delivers a clean, environmentally friendly, and touch-free hand wash with every flush. It’s simple to install and even easier to use. By rerouting clean water from the supply line, water runs through the faucet for a touch-free hand wash and then drains directly into the toilet bowl. The reuse of this soapy water to refill the bowl helps in saving gallons of water each day and promoting hygiene that breaks the transmission of diseases. As water prices and scarcity continue to rise, SinkPositive is a win for the environment and your wallet!
These toilet lid sinks have been used in Japan for decades. They adjust to fit nearly all toilet tank sizes (even low-flow toilets) and are made from a durable plastic that has the appearance of porcelain to match the rest of the toilet. They're a real space saver for small bathrooms, and act as a reminder to wash your hands - great for teaching good hygiene practices to kids! Installation is simple - no tools and no plumber required.
This is the Deluxe Model. We offer two models, the Standard and the Deluxe. Each model has the same base, but slightly different faucet designs. The Standard model features a basic faucet, while the Deluxe model adds an aerator to reduce splashing and improve the flow of the water.
Deluxe SinkPositive Toilet Lid Sink Benefits
- Daily water savings of up to two gallons per person under normal use
- Saving water will reduce your utility bills, meaning the Toilet Lid Sink will pay for itself
- Encourages sanitation with immediate visual hand-washing cue after a flush - great for teaching hygiene to kids
- Touch-free faucet breaks chain of germ transmission and reduces illness
- Faucet includes an aerator for improved water flow
- Adjusts to fit standard toilets up to 8" deep and 16 - 23" wide, including low-flow models (for toilet tanks narrower than 16", the Sink Twice is a similar product that offers a better fit)
- Great space-saver for small bathrooms
- Repurposes grey water from hand washing for use in refilling the toilet bowl
- Identifies costly leaks through visible drips
- Built-in soap dish
- Installs in less than 10 minutes without the need for a plumber
- No batteries required
SinkPositive Toilet Lid Sink Installation Video
SinkPositive Toilet Lid Sink Dimensions
Weighs 3 lbs.
SinkPositive Toilet Lid Sink FAQ
- Q: Is the water clean?
A: Yes, fresh water comes directly from the water supply line. It is no different than the water from your faucet.
- Q: Where does the sink drain?
A: Properly installed, the water drains to the toilet bowl, not into the tank.
- Q: Does it recycle water?
A: SinkPositive provides access to clean water which is normally used to refill the toilet bowl. When used for hand washing, the water that drains from the sink is considered “grey water”, or used water. In this way, the bowl is refilled with grey water instead of clean water, which is considered a form of reuse.
- Q: How does SinkPositive save water?
A: Using SinkPositive eliminates the need for additional water at the bathroom sink, and therefore reduces the amount of water going down the drain. When used as recommended, additional tap water at the conventional sink is eliminated, which can save gallons of water per day. SinkPositive also provides a visual indication of occasional "stealth" leaks within the toilet's plumbing system.
- Q: How does SinkPositive help detect leaks?
A: On any standard toilet, refilling takes place inside the tank where the eye cannot readily see. Because SinkPositive's refill occurs through the spigot, any visible outside dripping is clear indication of a leak that would have gone otherwise undetected. Undetected toilet leaks have been calculated to account for an amazing 5% of our nation’s water supply.
- Q: How does SinkPositive affect the toilet?
A: The sink has no effect on the toilet’s function. Since the device is connected to the toilet’s refill cycle, there is no impact on the toilet’s flush. It may be that the toilet’s water pressure must be adjusted, which only affects the time it takes the toilet to refill.
- Q: Why does the water run so long?
A: The water runs for as long as it takes to fill the tank, as it always has. The toilet requires no more or less water than it ever has. SinkPositive only makes you aware of the amount of water that is needed to refill the bowl.
- Q: How does SinkPositive promote hygiene?
A: There are approximately 1,000 bacteria per cubic centimeter on a bathroom sink faucet. SinkPositive’s touchless wash avoids interaction with these germs and prevents their spread.
- Q: Is SinkPositive code-compliant?
A: There are no existing codes applicable to this type of product. The sink is designed to comply with IAPMO toilet plumbing standards, but there are no standards for a sink/toilet combination.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.