Customers Also Bought
Santerra Green Z Series Low-Water Composting Toilet System
The Santerra Green Z Series of composting toilet systems consists of an attractive ceramic low-flush toilet in the bathroom and a remote composting unit below the toilet. Unlike the Y Series from Santerra Green, the composting unit for the Z Series does not have to be directly below the bathroom (though a gravity drop is required for the flush). The included ceramic low-flush toilet uses just ½ liter of water per flush, and the entire system can support 2 additional low-flush toilets for a total of 3.
Santerra Green (also known as Sancor™ or Envirolet™) has patented an Automatic Six-Way Aeration™ system that draws air through the toilet seat area on each toilet, keeping things odor-free without the need to turn the composter's drum manually.
The Santerra Green Z Series Composting Toilet System is available in 3 power options: AC Electric, 12VDC and Non-Electric. AC Electric is recommended whenever possible because it offers the highest capacity and performance.
Santerra Green Composting Toilet System Use and Care
Installation can usually be completed in just a few hours. During installation, be sure not to install any 90° bends in the vent stack (for the Non-Electric model, the vent stack must be installed vertically without any bends to facilitate airflow). When use begins, simply add ½ cup of daily mix or similar additive per user per day to promote the natural composting process, and the system does the rest! The system will need to be emptied 1-2 times per year under normal use (see left for recommended user limits for the Z Series Non-Electric, DC, and AC models under full-time and part-time use). Single-ply or biodegradable toilet paper is recommended. Finished compost can be added to a non-food garden or buried.
Santerra Green Z Series Features
- Reduces and recycles waste into compost
- Much more cost-effective and eco-friendly than a septic system
- Clean, sanitary, and odor-free
- Low-water - only ½ liter per flush
- No manual drum to turn
- Dual fans for better aeration
- Two-position switch (AC Electric and 12VDC models)
- 4" non-electric wind turbine ventilator included
- Includes 1 ceramic toilet
- Installs quickly and easily
- Needs emptying only 1-2 times per year under normal use
- Easy-to-remove Works-in-a-Drawer™ service module if service is needed
- Ideal for cottage, cabin, home, or commercial applications
- 5-year warranty on all internal components
- Lifetime warranty on body
Santerra Green Z Series Specs
- Toilet: 15¼" W x 18¾" H (17" to seat) x 20½" D
- Composting unit: 25" W x 28½" H x 33" D
- 40 lbs
- Color: white
- AC Electric model draws 40W - 540W
- 12VDC model draws 0.3A - 0.6A
- Manufacturer: Santerra Green (a.k.a. Sancor™ or Envirolet™)
- Model number: 9SGZ90AC (AC Electric model), 9SGZ80DC (12VDC model), 9SGZ70NE (Non-Electric model)
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.