Customers Also Bought
Morningstar ProStar PS-30M Charge Controller
Now in its 3rd generation, Morningstar's sophisticated ProStar PS-30M solar charge controller incorporates constant voltage PWM (pulse width modulation) to make maximum use of valuable PV power in both 12V and 24V systems. It features automatic equalization, temperature compensation, and very high efficiency. A high-resolution, backlit, and multi-lingual LCD screen displays system voltage, current, temperature, and more, and allows you to easily adjust settings and display logged data. Front panel LEDs quickly indicate battery charging status, state of charge, and faults.
Safety features include reverse polarity protection on input and output, automatic high/low voltage disconnect, and automatic short circuit disconnect. Low voltage disconnect (LVD) is current-compensated to prevent false disconnect when the battery is heavily loaded.
Morningstar ProStar PS-30M Charge Controller Features
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- Auto battery select for 12V and 24V systems
- 8 dip switches to adjust battery charging and other settings
- Estimated 15-year life
- High resolution graphical meter to adjust settings and display logged data
- Up to 265 days of data logging history
- Dusk-to-dawn and advanced programmable lighting control
- Enhanced surge rating for heavy DC loads - capable of 25% overloads
- Parallel for up to 300 amps
- Electronic protections including short circuit, overload, reverse polarity, high voltage, and high temperature
- Self-diagnostics and LED indicators for battery status and faults
- Protective terminal cover
- Slow switching mode to eliminate system noise at telecom sites
- Temperature compensated charging
- No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
- 100% solid state
- Very low voltage drops
- Current-compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- RJ-11 MeterBus port for serial MODBUS data or to add a remote meter
- Remote battery voltage sense terminals
- Compatible with Morningstar's Ethernet MeterBus Converter (EMC-1)
- Compliance with IEC 62109
- 5-year warranty
Morningstar ProStar PS-30M Charge Controller Specs
- 6" W x 4.1" H x 2.2" D
- 1 lb
- Nominal system voltage: 12V - 24V
- Peak input voltage: 60V
- Maximum battery charging current: 30A
- Battery voltage range: 10 - 35V
- Manufacturer: Morningstar
- Model number: PS-30M
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.