Magnum AC Load Diverter - 4000W (ACLD-40)
When it comes to load diversion, the vast majority of options you'll find are DC-based. In fact, this Magnum ACLD-40 Load Diverter is the only AC Load diversion controller on the market!
The Magnum ACLD-40 monitors the voltage of your renewable energy system's backup battery bank and diverts (and inverts!) excess energy to an AC load if the battery voltage rises to a predetermined level to prevent the batteries from overcharging. It will continue to engage and disengage the diversion load as often as necessary.
The ACLD-40 works with solar, wind, and hydroelectric renewable energy systems using a Magnum MS Series inverter. It is compatible with 12VDC, 24VDC, or 48VDC systems, yet allows the use of common, resistive AC household loads for load diversion instead of the hard-to-find DC loads supported by other charge controllers.
If wall-mounting the ACLD-40 vertically, the MPX-CB Conduit Box (available separately above) is required to meet code compliance.
Magnum ACLD-40 Load Diverter Features
- Prevents your renewable energy system's battery bank from overcharging
- Controls up to 4000 Watts of excess power
- Works with 12-, 24-, or 48-volt renewable energy systems
- This is the only AC load diverter on the market and allows the use of common, resistive AC household loads instead of hard-to-find DC loads to divert excess current from your battery bank
- Easy-access inverter and network ports
- Standard RS485 MagNet protocol to communicate with Magnum inverters and remotes
- Works with wind, solar, or hydroelectric systems
- Provides PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) voltage when powering diversion load to run load without flicker
- ETL Listed to UL 1741 - second edition and CSA C22.2 #107.1-01
- Must be used in conjunction with a Magnum MS Series inverter
- 3-year warranty
Magnum AC Load Diverter Specs
- 11½" L x 13¾" W x 7" H
- 20 lbs
- Continuous power: 4000VA
- System voltage: 12V - 48V
- Input voltage: 240VAC ±10%
- Output voltage: 0 - 240VDC
- Output amperage: 16.67A
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Manufacturer: Magnum Energy
- Model number: ACLD-40
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.