by Grace Gershuny
Part of the NOFA Guides series.
Information on composting techniques, including:
- Principles and biology of composting
- Temperature, aeration, and moisture control
- Composting methods
- Materials (additives and inoculants, biodynamic preparations)
- About costs (site preparation, equipment, labor and time)
- What do you do with it? And when is it finished?
- Compost tea and other brewed microbial cultures
- Compost and the law
With extended appendices including a recipe calculator, potting-mix recipes, and a sample compost production budget sheet