Customers Also Bought
by Rex A. Ewing, Doug Pratt
This straight-talking book cuts through the green energy hype and explains how grid-connected homeowners can be smart about their energy future. Solar and wind-generated electricity, solar water heating, passive solar techniques and geothermal heating/cooling will enable homeowners to become self-sufficient while protecting themselves from rising utility rates and grid blackouts. With financial incentives now available, the time is perfect to utilize nature's free energy.
Table of Contents
- Why Invest in Renewable Energy
- Is It Legal and Safe
- How Solar Electricity Works
- Grid-tied Solar and Wind System Options, with and without batteries
- Sizing Your Solar / Wind System
- What Does It Cost
- Any Financial Help Out There
- Permits & Paperwork
- Nuts & Bolts: What to Look For, What to Avoid
- Who Does the Solar/Wind Installation
- Using the Sun's Warmth to Heat Your Home (NEW)
- Solar Water Heating Systems (NEW)
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling (NEW)
- Extensive Appendix includes manufacturers, associations, reference web sites, state energy offices, worksheets, glossary and more
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
You may return most unused products to us for a refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. Items must be in new re-sellable condition with all original packaging, paperwork and accessories. For your protection, please send returns via a traceable method. We are not responsible for lost or missing returns without tracking information. Return freight and shipping is non-refundable. Products that qualified for free shipping will be credited the product price minus shipping costs. Unless otherwise requested, back orders will be refund to assure a you receive your order within an acceptable time.