Customers Also Bought
How to Shit in the Woods - Third Edition: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art
Just in Case: How to Be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens
Small Green Roofs: Low-Tech Options for Greener Living
When Disaster Strikes: A Comprehensive Guide for Emergency Planning and Crisis Survival
The Complete Compost Gardening Guide
By Deborah L. Martin and Barbara Pleasant, 320 pages
Barbara Pleasant and Deborah L. Martin turn the compost bin upside down with their liberating system of keeping compost heaps right in the garden, rather than in some dark corner behind the garage. The compost and the plants live together from the beginning in a nourishing, organic environment. The authors' bountiful, compost-rich gardens require less digging, weeding, mulching, and even less planting. And here's one of the best parts - no more backbreaking slogs from compost bin to garden. The authors even identify the plants that benefit most from compost and how the elements of a composted garden work together.
The Complete Compost Gardening Guide Teaches Readers to:
- Choose labor-saving sites that keep gardens and compost piles as close to one another as possible
- Work with the compostable riches produced at home - every yard and kitchen produces plenty of material, easily identified with at-a-glance charts
- Help composting critters do their work by balancing ingredients, adding high-nitrogen meals when needed, and keeping the compost moist
- Reuse recycling bin items, such as large plastic buckets and cardboard boxes, as composting equipment
- Keep diversity in the mix - the magic is in the variety of the components and how they work together to create "gardener's gold"
- Customize composting to suit specific garden needs, always concentrating first on soil care
Adhering to these guidelines, Pleasant and Martin bring readers on a thorough, informative tour of materials and innovative techniques, leading the way to an efficient and rewarding home gardening system. Their methods are sure to help gardeners turn average vegetable plots into rich incubators of healthy produce bursting with fresh flavor, and flower beds into rich tapestries of bountiful blooms all season long.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.