By Nicky Scott
Composting is easy, fun, saves you money, and helps you to grow lovely plants. Whether you live in an apartment with no garden or have a family and garden that generate large amounts of food and garden waste, this book shows you how to compost everything that can be composted at home, work, or school, and in spaces big and small.
How to Make and Use Compost features an A-Z guide that includes a comprehensive list of what you can and can't compost, concepts and techniques, compost systems, and common problems and solutions. It includes how to:
- Compost your food waste safely
- Get the best out of a Dalek-type plastic composter
- Make your own seed, plant, and cuttings compost
- Create liquid feed for your plants with a wormery
- Make compost in your flat or on your balcony
- Avoid problems such as rats and flies.
By making your own compost you can feed your plants, increase the fertility of your soil, and help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill at the same time.