Customers Also Bought
by Brad Lancaster
Turn water scarcity into water abundance!
Earthworks are one of the easiest, least expensive, and most effective ways of passively harvesting and conserving multiple sources of water in the soil. Associated vegetation then pumps the harvested water back out in the form of beauty, food, shelter, wildlife habitat, and passive heating and cooling strategies, while controlling erosion, increasing soil fertility, reducing downstream flooding, and improving water and air quality.
Building on the information presented in Volume 1, this book shows you how to select, place, size, construct, and plant your chosen water-harvesting earthworks. It presents detailed how-to information and variations of a diverse array of earthworks, including chapters on mulch, vegetation, and greywater recycling so you can customize the techniques to the unique requirements of your site.
- Real life stories and examples permeate the book, including:
- How curb cuts redirect street runoff to passively irrigate flourishing shade trees planted along the street
- How check dams have helped create springs and perennial flows in once-dry creeks
- How infiltration basins are creating thriving rain-fed gardens
- How backyard greywater laundromats are turning "wastewater" into a resource growing food, beauty, and shade that builds community, and more.
- How to create simple tools to read slope and water flow
- More than 225 illustrations and photographs
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the product within 30 days for a replacement or a refund of the product value. Products must be unused in re-sellable condition with all original packaging, paperwork and accessories.