Customers Also Bought
Black Owl Biochar
Black Owl Biochar's Environmental Ultra is for use in bioretention systems, soil preservation and cleanup, and low impact development (LID) solutions as an affordable alternative to activated carbon. With greater than 80% organic carbon and a surface area of approximately 800 square meters per gram, the International Biochar Initiative's (IBI) ratings place Black Owl Biochar's Environmental Ultra in its highest class.
Black Owl Biochar Features
- Remediates sediments and wetlands
- Removes 99.5% of most problem heavy metals
- Filters stormwater
- Removes DOD, TSS, and toxins
- Immobilizes biopathogens such as E.coli/Salmonella
- Improves tilth of soils, creating greater aeration in heavy, complexing sandier soils
- Retains nutrients and water, keeping them from leaching
- Increases cation exchange functions in soil, boosting nutrient availability
- Hosts microbes and fungi, increasing colonization in root zone and diversifying soil ecosystem
- Acts as a catalyst for releasing sorbed water as conditions dictate
- Reduces off-gassing of Ch4, NO2, and other GHGs
- Increases pH and replaces some liming requirements of acid soils
- Reduces need for watering
- Accelerate the composting process, and help its aeration
- Reduces or eliminates compost odors
- Improves the quality and efficacy of compost
- Acts as a carbon sink
Black Owl Biochar Specs
Sold by volume, not weight. 1.25 qts (1.38 liters) - 4.3 oz.
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.