Customers Also Bought
Aquion Aspen 48M Saltwater Battery - 48V (48M-25.9)
New from Aquion - makers of the world's first nontoxic battery - comes the Aquion Aspen 48M saltwater battery: a modular building block for clean energy storage systems featuring 25.9kWh of energy storage at 48V nominal. It is composed of 12 Aspen 48S-2.2 batteries connected in parallel, configured as a single palletized unit and pre-wired as a plug-and-play battery bank with crate and cover. The Aspen 48M itself can can be connected in series with other 48Ms to create clean energy storage systems of up to 1,000 volts DC.
The Aspen 48M is based on Aquion's proprietary Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) technology that is clean, safe, and sustainable - in fact, Aquion Aspen batteries are the first and only batteries in the world engineered to meet Cradle to Cradle™ certification standards - a prestigious quality mark recognized across industries as a mark of continuous improvement toward the development of sustainable products.
Not only do AHI cells deliver unprecedented eco-friendliness, they also outperform and outlast traditional battery chemistries, allowing for a true 100% depth of discharge (great for use with solar PV) and an incredible 3,000-cycle life with 70% of its original capacity remaining. These batteries are optimized to deliver robust field performance, maintenance-free operation, world-class safety (they're non-flammable and non-explosive), and excellent abuse tolerance, making them ideal for long-term, unsupervised daily cycling applications like residential and off-grid solar, microgrids, and energy management and grid-scale services.
The Aquion Aspen 48M provides an unmatched combination of performance, safety, and environmental sustainability in a cost-effective, modular, and forklift-ready battery platform.
Aquion Aspen 48M-25.9 Saltwater Battery Features
- Incredible lifetime value
- Can be wired in series up to 1,000 volts DC
- No regular maintenance - avoid costly downtime and battery replacements
- Wide operating temperature range - no temperature compensation required
- No active management required in moderate climates
- 3000-cycle life
- 100% usable discharge depth
- Extremely abuse-tolerant
- Thrive at partial state of charge - GREAT for solar!
- Inherently safe chemistry for unprecedented safety
- Non-flammable, non-explosive, and non-corrosive
- Cradle to Cradle Certified Bronze product
- Environmentally benign - made from sustainable, nontoxic materials
- No dangerous or toxic components
- No corrosive acids or noxious fumes
- 5-year warranty, plus 3-year prorated
Aquion 48M Saltwater Battery Specs
- 45.6" H x 52" W x 40" D
- 3,315 lbs (but forklift-ready!)
- Nominal voltage: 48V
- Voltage range: 40 - 59.5V
- Energy: up to 25.9kWh (at 20-hour discharge rate)
- Peak power: 11.7 kW
- Capacity: up to 567Ah
- Current: 240A
- Cell type: Saltwater via Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) chemistry
- Usable depth of discharge: 100%
- Round-trip efficiency: > 90%
- Cycle life: 3,000 cycles (to 70% retained capacity)
- Manufacturer: Aquion Energy
- Model number: 48M-25.9
This product is shipped from one of our warehouses in Northern California. Orders placed after 12 p.m. will typically ship the following business day. To see an estimate of our delivery times, click here.
Returns & Replacements
Products can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt if unused and in original packaging. Returns are paid for by customer unless product is defective or damaged, in which case Real Goods assumes responsibility. Please use Fedex, UPS, or USPS with tracking, for returns.
Returns of solar panels, inverters or other large ticket items will incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20%. Freight shipping is non-refundable.